The boxing theologian Mike Tyson once said, “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”
The whole world just got punched in the mouth.
When does that ever happen? All of our plans are out the door and we’d be lucky to guess what’s happening next year, let alone two to three years down the road.
Covid-19 was a world changer—and every area of life was affected. Including the Church. The Church has had to make so many changes you can’t keep up with it.
So what comes next? The Rev Dr Paul Siaki has just published his second book, see below, about what the Post-Covid Church in the South African context might look like.
This book seeks to ask two life-changing questions:
- Has Church simply been Interrupted as we wait to return to life as usual?
- Or can this pandemic be an opportunity for the Church to Reset?
We coin the term, the “Great Opportunity”. Is this what we’ve been given? Has a sovereign God decided it’s time for a shake-up and this is the time to do it?
- Find out what went on during this time around the world.
- Find out how churches fared in the aftermath of past pandemics.
- Find out what things you can keep doing to get people back to church and what new (old) practices God wants us to be doing.
The World and the Church get shaken up every 100 years or so. In years to come, someone may ask, “Where were you when the pandemic hit?” “What did you do?” “How did your church handle it?” Let’s make it a great story.